Anyone can participate in Allegheny County’s online summer reading program — even if your home library also has a program. June 1- August 31.
Log the Books You Have Read
Beanstack is for logging your books online. Open to kids and adults.
- Just register once, then sign in to logyour books.
- #PGHReads to send a picture of what you’re reading (Instagram)!
ACLA Youth Activities
ACLA (Allegheny County Library Association) is offering a variety of activities for children and families.
- See the Schedule — if any library’s event interests you, join in!
- ACLA Youth Services facebook page will list more details, including how and where to access programs.
- Check back often — programs will be added over the summer.
- Virtual Bingo
- 8 weeks of suggested activities and reading, with prize drawings for completed cards.
- Story Walks
- Take a walk in an actual park, at your own pace.
- Pages from a picture book will be placed on a walking path so that children and their caregivers can enjoy a walk and a story together.
- There are several parks in different areas of the county. Choose one or try them all!