Starting March 2, OverDrive is changing the way you receive holds (Libby, too). Holds redelivery will be replacing the auto-checkout feature for all new and existing holds. Don’t worry! This new feature will give you more flexibility to manage holds and allow you to suspend a hold even after it’s made available to you. Check out this video explaining the changes.
Here are the points to remember:
- You must log-in when you hold is available and borrow the title within 3 days.
- If you no longer want your hold, you have two options: Suspend the Hold (redeliver it) and pass the book to the next person in line OR Cancel the Hold.
- After you set a suspension period, you will be able to borrow the item when it becomes available.
- You won’t lose your place in line if you choose to suspend the hold. It freezes your spot.
- Pam, Bridgeville Public Library.